Consorzio di Tutela Ovada DOCG

Consorzio di Tutela Ovada DOCG

Nestled in the picturesque realm of Ovada, the Consorzio di Tutela Dolcetto di Ovada Superiore DOCG stands as the custodian of one of Piedmont's most distinguished red wines. Led by the passionate Daniele Oddone, the Consortium unites approximately thirty regional wineries dedicated to the craft of producing Dolcetto di Ovada Superiore DOCG, a luminous gem in the Alto Monferrato oenological crown.

These winemakers, rooted in the soil of Alto Monferrato, embody a blend of artisanal creativity, unwavering entrepreneurial spirit, and a tenacious commitment to excellence. Each bottle encapsulates memories and techniques handed down through generations, all adapted to resonate with the contemporary palate. Officially founded in 2013, after meticulous groundwork, the Consortium has its vision set on not only augmenting the global footprint of Dolcetto di Ovada Superiore DOCG but also enhancing the overarching splendor of the entire Alto Monferrato region, safeguarding its scenic vistas, and fueling the growth of gastronomic and rustic tourism.

Crunching the Numbers:The Dolcetto di Ovada Superiore DOCG currently boasts a robust production of 100,000 bottles, with an impressive growth trajectory exceeding 20% over the past couple of years. The domestic market absorbs 90% of this output, while international aficionados claim the remaining 10%. This wine, an embodiment of dedication and skill, is cultivated across 110 hectares of lush vineyards. As of 2018, approximately 50 dedicated manufacturing firms contribute to its creation, 70% of whom are loyal members of the Consortium. These enterprises, predominantly family-owned, oversee the entire wine journey from vine to bottle.

Beyond the Bottle - The Consortium's Endeavors:

  • Quality Assurance: Consortium members, while enjoying the protective umbrella of production regulations, are continually engaged in research and experimentation. An annual blind tasting event stands as a testament to this commitment, offering a platform for evaluating the caliber of diverse vintages.
  • Empowerment and Knowledge Sharing: The Consortium fuels progress through educational tools, stimulating discussions, and debate platforms on challenges faced by the sector. It also ensures a seamless flow of information to the media, amplifying its voice and mission.
  • Promotion and Partnerships: Collaborative spirits define the Consortium. Through partnerships with public and private entities, including educational institutions, it spearheads initiatives spotlighting the allure of Ovada DOCG.
  • Communication Revamp: 2019 marked a pivotal year. In alliance with the Ovada Regional Enoteca and Piemonte Land, the Consortium unveiled an avant-garde communication strategy, encapsulating a refreshed logo, an intuitive website, multimedia publications, press relations, and curated events. This endeavor promises to not only benefit the wine artisans but also the entire Ovada region.

Association Descriptors

Country:
Italy
Region:
Piedmont
Sub-Region:
Dolcetto di Ovada Superiore
Type:
Regional
Learn more
form image

Are you interested in
collaborating with us?

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.