The Voluntary Consortium for the Protection of the Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée of Colli Euganei wines was founded on February 3, 1972, by 43 wineries, one merchant, two industrial entrepreneurs and the Cantina Sociale di Vo'.
From that moment until today, the Consorzio has carried out activities focused on the development of the 3 pillars on which the consortium was created, which are:
- The search for excellence in the wines produced under the DOC and DOCG Colli Euganei.
- The creation of local, national and even international events to promote the wines and the Colli Euganei brand, all in collaboration with the Enoteca Consortile.
- Defending and protecting the interests of producers, by monitoring compliance with the production standards of the DOC and DOCG Colli Euganei, allowing fair competition between wineries.
Some of the activities that the Consorzio undertook to strengthen the DOC Colli Euganei were:
- The creation of the General Regulatory Plan for wine, which allowed to raise the quality of the wines through a zoning work.
- The creation of a distinctive and homogeneous brand image, both for the label and the bottle of wine, which allows to recognize the products certified with the DOC Colli Euganei.
- The creation of the DOCG Colli Euganei Fior d'Arancio during 2011.